RoR web developer – voluntary contributions to bobooki.de
Platform21 is a young social enterprise that aims to strengthen the Platform Cooperative movement and to help developing platforms with regenerative business models.
We’re seeking to build up a diversified and self-organised team. To this end, we’re committed to a company culture that enables versatile roles, flexible working hours, consideration for individual strengths and needs. We value an open, respectful and empathic approach towards critiques as well as conflicts. Together, we will create a healthy, fulfilling and lively working environment for all.
We are looking for a web developer with experience in Ruby on Rails (RoR) who wants to contribute to improving the open source marketplace software for bobooki.de, a project to enable a basic income for writers, activists, and communities through book sales.
We are looking for contributions in
- co-developing our open source marketplace software
- managing MySQL databases (php, laravel, mysql, nginx)
- potentially working on other projects/ topics as per interest
- experience in web development (RoR, frontend and backend)
- ideally experience in API development
- ideally experience managing large databases (more than 4m records)
- besides the obvious our stack includes but is not limited to: git, psql, apache2, scss, elasticsearch and some coffeescript – experience in any of these technologies is highly welcome!
- good communication skills and openess to work in an agile setting
- collaborative skills, tolerance, and a constructive approach to feedback
Our offers for you
- autonomous work without high pressure
- a small but close team with cordial and open communication with each other
- participation in various events
- a pleasant and creative working space located in the heart of Kreuzberg
Location: Berlin / Home Office if applicable
Working time: upon agreement
Pay: for the moment we are only looking for volunteer contributions to Bobooki‘s open source code. However, if the project gets traction, we could collectively discuss and design a paid position
Start: immediately (or as soon as possible)
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please send an email with your CV and a few lines on your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!